Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year Husquibakery!

Harrroooo & happy new year pups and kit-cats! Today, I've for your culinary enjoyment a special little something for both us pups and for all my fine feline furiends woowooo! (Waves paws at Savvy and others). I've noticed several new followers- of the feline variety- and I thought the second husquibakery post should offer something for them too. Welcome new mates!

First, woo need a pound of good calf liver. If there is a butcher where woo live get it fresh. Boil the liver with a little fresh water until it's good and brown. You will need to drain it when done. Set the water aside for a latenight snacky.
Boiling liver aroma!

Now, have your pawrents use their meet grinder thingy and turn that liver into paste. Try not to nomm too much, woo can lick the grinder if woo are careful.

 

Next, woo need to boil down a nice big marrow bone. Use a scant amount of water. We get these fresh from our butcher too. He loves huskerboos- he told us.

When this is good and cooked (& cooled a little) you need to blend it thusly. Whip it up pretty good for several minutes to aerate it.

 Now, woo need to mix the two parts. This will yield a special stinky calf liver Pâté. 


Mix thoroughly.

special stinky calf liver Pâté
 Now, listen up kittehs- get you peeps to put some of this special stinky calf liver Pâté into a zip-lock baggie and refrigerate it. Let me tell you, I have it on high authority this is something kittehs adore. Just a smidge in a nice china bowl late at night with the peeps. Try it! You will love it. I get some too- on biscuits, but that's later.
 
 
OK, so today's selection at the husquibakery is liver snapps. Start with 1/2 of your original special stinky calf liver Pâté mixture. Add one egg, ~2 cups flower & 3/4 cup cornmeal. The cornmeal adds a special crunchiness to the final product. Add water to form a nice dough ball and roll into a pan. Cook at 400 degrees until golden brown. Remember, woo can score the dough about 1/3 of the way in for easier separation.
Spread thinly.
This next part is very important. For all cookies with meat in them we dehydrate the finished product on high for another six hours or so. 

mmmm, dehydrating liver snapps!
 Remember when I said we didn't have a fancy biscuit cutter? Well guess what grandma gave us for Christmas!
Fresh liver snapps
 So, back to the special stinky calf liver Pâté. I get some on my biscuits as I'm trying to maintain my weight. Check it out!


All that's left is to test them!

Isis enjoying a liver snapp outside.

What a good pup.
Cheers!

RAHUSKY

15 comments:

GOOSE said...

Oh my goodness I am swimming in drool. First thing in the morning I will be headed to the butcher.
Blessings,
Goose

Tweedles -- that's me said...

You are so lucky that you will have all these goodies to eat. And the kitties get some too?
They are lucky too.
Happy New Year
love
tweedles

Little Miss Titch said...

that looks good for you pups

Anonymous said...

squeeee!! I saw your tweet RA!!! And you even mentioned me in your bloggy!!! What a very happy new year this is for sure! And I do really luvluvluv liver!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year! Eat more cookies! Speaking of which, got any?

Dougall-the-Scottie said...

Oh my dog that sounds good!

The Army of Four said...

My mom almost horka-ed just looking at these pix! I hope that doesn't mean she wouldn't be willing to make some of those for me - - they look FANTASTIC!!! I can almost smell 'em from here!
Thanks for the recipe!
Luv,
Dave

Misaki @ misadventuresofMisaki said...

Happy new year!!

My Dog Sam - Ruptured Disk said...

Wow that was great. Maybe your peeps should go into the liver cookie making business. We'll take a dozen. Happy New Year

Sagira said...

Wow those treats look yummy! Happy new year!

The Websters said...

DROOLING! I am going to send this to Master stat to make me some.

Nora

Kari in Alaska said...

Happy New Year

Stop on by for a visit
Kari
http://dogisgodinreverse.com

Andrea and the Celestial Kitties said...

Wow, what a cool treat! Happy New Year!!

Casper Bear said...

Happy New Year!!
Lotsa Licks
Casper Bear

Mollie said...

Oh Yummy they look scrummy :) Happy New Year to you all :) xx00xx

Mollie and Alfie